[Ncabs] Retreat to the EYE Retreat next summer! Slots filling up fast.

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 03:37:38 UTC 2013

Summer 2014 isn't too far away and 16 of our 40 slots have already
been filled with eager participants from Ohio, South Carolina, and
North Carolina for the 2014 EYE Retreat.

The EYE Retreat is a week long summer camp created by and operated by
individuals with visual impairments designed to teach youth with
visual impairments skills to be successful in college and employment.
We are now in our 6th year!  Our programming is based on validated
research and focuses on three main areas 1) mentoring, 2) real world
application, and 3) identifying available resources.

Participants learn in a cohort model by riding public transit,
visiting a college campus, participating in a mock class, managing
their own time and money, visiting community businesses, and much
more!

Check out our website at www.eyeretreat.edublogs.com for videos and
more information.  Submit your application by clicking on this link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wtFRMRF83o4QqI8Ora_sYRNUPBXS3KVGb3jWGvb19ac/viewform

We look forward to seeing you in 2014!

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools