[Ncabs] Transportation to Greensboro and A&T

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 16:06:02 UTC 2013

Space is still open for the 2013 Greensboro Student Seminar. Register
online at
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1L9CCU-6OJW0s0p3Q1XgHrTQmkLJhQlAtgXn1lMbMEmQ/viewform
.

Remember, this is your opportunity to help NCABS determine if having two
seminars is a feasible option to increase participation and outreach.  We
need your support to get those in Western and Central North Carolina
involved!

Below is information on transportation to and from Greensboro and A&T.

AMTRAK to Greensboro:
>From Raleigh:  Departs 6:45am and arrives 8:15am.
>From Charlotte:  Departs 7am and arrives 8:35am.

AMTRAK from Greensboro
To Raleigh:  Departs 6:50pm and arrives 8:25pm.
To Charlotte:  Departs 6:30pm and arrives 8:12pm.

Registration is from 8:30am to 9am so if you take either morning train you
should arrive on time.  The cost of the train ticket is about $13 from
Raleigh and about $17 from Charlotte each way.  Be sure to ask for the
disability discount.

Seminar will conclude by 4pm.  This will allow plenty of time for people to
get back to the train station or have dinner at A&T and then head to the
train station.  I will probably eat dinner at A&T so you all are welcome to
join me!

Greyhound to Greensboro:
>From Raleigh: Departs 7:25am and arrives 9:40am.
>From Charlotte: Departs 5:25am and arrives 8:05am.
Greyhound from Greensboro
To Raleigh: Departs 7:05pm and arrives 8:50pm.
To Charlotte: Departs 5:20pm and arrives 8:15pm.

Greyhound roundtrip tickets from both Raleigh and Charlotte will cost
around $55.00.  No disability discounts are available.

Greensboro Transit

Route 10 serves the NC A&T campus.  The city buses depart The Depot on the
hour (i.e. 8am, 9a, 10am, etc).  The cost of the city bus is $1.50.00.
Again, a disability discount is available with documentation.

--
*Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.*
Occupational Course of Study Teacher, New Hanover County Schools