[Ncabs] National Mentoring Program

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:46:19 UTC 2013

I am contacting you in the hopes that you can help identify college-age
students who are legally blind. The National Research and Training Center
on Blindness and Low Vision (NRTC) at Mississippi State University
continues to seek students and professionals to participate in a nationwide
Employment Mentoring Project that pairs students with legally blind mentors
and offers career resources in an effort to improve employment outcomes. We
are looking specifically for students graduating college or grad school
between August 2013 and December 2014. Students graduating before March
2014 should sign up right away to be included in the next group!

Students must be legally blind, under age 35, living anywhere in the U.S.,
and seeking employment after graduation. Although finding students to
participate is our greatest need, we are also seeking legally blind
mentors. Do you know of anyone who might meet these qualifications and
would benefit from participating? If you do, please share this information!
For more details, please visit:http://tiny.cc/mentoring-project or contact
Dr. Jamie O’Mally a tnrtc2 at colled.msstate.edu or 1-800-675-7782. Also,
please consider sharing or signing up for our national Participant Registry
for Blindness and Low Vision Research (http://tiny.cc/participant-registry).

We really appreciate your help!

 Jamie O’Mally, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor

The National Research and Training Center on Blindness & Low Vision (NRTC)

Mississippi State University

P.O. Box 6189

Mississippi State, MS 39762

662-325-2001

--
*Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.*
Occupational Course of Study Teacher, New Hanover County Schools