[Ncabs] Conference minutes for Monday May 13, 2013

Veronica Puente brl3517 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:13:10 UTC 2013

Confference Minutes for Monday  May 13, 2013
Starting time of the Meeting 9:36 P.M. ending time 10:42 P.m.
 Attendance
Alan Chase (President)
Kevin Currin ( First Vice-President)
Bobbi (Second VicePresident)
Veronica Puente (Secretary)
Ashley Coleman (treasure)
Eric Galindo
Daria
Lauren siegel
First, We talked about Fundraising and Alan gave us different ideas.
The first one is to throw pies at the President of the NFB of NC. This
will work as the members will pay for the chanse to get to throw the
pie at Gary and we the students choose to also throw pies at Alan. We
really seem to like this idea, but it is still being process. The
other one is to put someone in jail. We want to put Alan in Jail and
to do this we must raise enough money and order to do it. )this was
Alan’s idea) We the students want to get the chanse to throw stuff at
Alan while he is at Jail. We are working on this idea as well.
Second 1st Vice President's Report
, Kevin will be going to the National Center of the NFB to do a
leadership training for about three days in the end of May.
Third 2nd Vice President's Report, Bobbi talked about the
Greensboro seminar and she stated that it  went well. With a little
more of time we could get more people to come.
Fourth Treasurer's Report, We are going to help with the flite for
Kevin. By giving 168 dollars, but the national center will give us
that back.
 Fifth Secretary's Report, I got this email and hope that if you did
not see it you can now and join us. I will also post the info for this
call at our Facebook page. Join NABS as we welcome special guest
presenter Pam Allen, President of the NFB of Louisiana, treasurer
 of the NFB board of directors, and Director of the Louisiana Center
for the Blind (LCB) as we discuss what exactly is the philosophy of
the national Federation of the Blind.
 We are excited to have such a respected and admired member of our
movement taking time out of her evening to have this discussion, so we
really hope you can join us.

When: Thursday, May 16th, 2013. 9p.m. ET.
Call: (605) - 475 - 6700 and enter code 7869673.

Sixth Wrightsville Beach Seminar, The only one way to get to
Wilmington. This way is by bus. However, we have to get the students
to the hotel where we are going to have the seminar. Because
transportation is an issue we have choose to have a van come from
Raleigh to Wilmington. We will also ask the Lions Club over by
Wilmington to see if they can help us get the students to the hotel
once they get to Wilmington. We are going to have to pay 200 dollars
for the roomswe are using for the seminar. Each lunch is going to be
12 dollars.
Seventh  State Convention, The convention is going to take place on
September the 13 to the 15. Come and join us at Fayetteville! Remember
that the NCABS dues are ten dollars to be apart of our group. It is
being rase because five dollars will go to the National Association of
Blind Students, (NABS) and the other five dollars are going to the NFB
of nC. This means that you are a member of the nFB of nC and also of
NABS. To find out the hotel address prises and more about the State
Convention go to www.nfbofnc.org. If you think that it is too much
money to go remember that you can still apply for our State
scholarship! Everything will be cover under this scholarship! To see
how to apply and get the application go to our website www.ncabs.org
and you can also find it at the NFB of NC site at www.nfbofnc.org.
Eighth National Convention, So far we have Ashley for sure who is
going. We also have Alan and the convention is going to be at Orlando
Florida this year. From July first to the sixth. We are going to
divide the 600 dollars we have talked about into three ways. Bobbi has
said that she wants to go too. So it she goes Alan will get 200
dollars as well as Ashley and bobbi.
Thanks to everyone who came and join us for the call! We hope to see
you next month too! Have a great summer!