[Ncabs] Blind Student College/Work Transition Retreatwea

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:47:33 UTC 2013

Please distribute widely

The Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat is proud to announce
applications for group leaders and participants for its 2014 week long
camp.  The EYE Retreat is unique in that is was created by and is
entirely organized by those with visual impairments.  All our leaders
are current or former college students who make awesome mentors!

The EYE Retreat is scheduled from Sunday, July 27th, 2014 to Saturday,
August 2nd, 2014 in Raleigh, NC.  A registration fee is needed to
reserve a slot and space is limited.  We've already received requests,
which is why registration is opening earlier than normal.  The
previous three years a wait list was needed.

The EYE Retreat started in 2009 with 15 participants and has quickly
grown to almost 30 in 2010, 2011, and 2012.  In 2013 we had a record
34.  Participants have come to us from California, Connecticut,
Delaware, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.  Our
programming is research based and focuses on building skills that
typically predict success in college settings.

You can check out our website at www.eyeretreat.edublogs.com for more
information.  A video of our 2013 Retreat can be found there!  Thanks!

Application Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wtFRMRF83o4QqI8Ora_sYRNUPBXS3KVGb3jWGvb19ac/viewform

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Special Education Teacher, Wake County Public School System