[Ncabs] Art

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:03:46 UTC 2014

Art drop-off begins today
but don't fret, you have until the 23rd!

Exhibit Dates: September 5-25, 2014
Third Friday Reception: September 19, 6-8pm

The Exhibit:
GATHER is a non-juried exhibition opportunity for school-age children (up
to 21 years of age) with disabilities. The exhibition will be displayed at
the Community Life Center at Lyon Park in Durham, NC for the month of
September 2014. We are happy to partner with First In Families and Visual
Art Exchange as our artwork drop-off and pick-up sites. There is no media
or content restriction, a maximum of 2 entries per artist will be accepted.
Two and three-dimensional pieces will be accepted.  See full details below.

 Artwork Drop-Off & Pick-Up Sites:

Visual Art Exchange                       First In Families
309 W. Martin Street                       3109 University Drive, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27601                         Durham, NC 27707
Hours:                                             Hours:
Tues – Sat, 11am - 4pm                 Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm
Entry Form:
Click here to fill out the entry form. Entry forms will also be available
to fill out at both artwork drop-off sites when artwork is delivered.

Schedule:

Art drop-off……………..…August 11 - 23
Exhibition Run……..….… September 2 - 27
Public Reception…...…….September 19
Art Pick-Up………….……September 30-October 10
Eligibility:

GATHER is open to all school-age children (up to 21 years of age) with
disabilites. A maximum of 2 works of any medium, per artist may be
submitted. Two and three-dimensional entries will be accepted.
Accessibility:

The Community Life Center at Lyon Park has accessible parking and
facilities. Both Visual Art Exchange and First In Families’ offices are
physically accessible. We also aim to make this submission process
accessible as well. If you need any additional information or
accommodations in order to enter this exhibition please email or
call(919.833.9919) Brandon for assistance.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools