[Ncabs] Job announcement

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:00:29 UTC 2014

I am Juliet from Industries of the Blind in Greensboro NC. We are a
non-profit organization headquartered in Greensboro and we are currently
seeking blind and visually impaired individuals to apply for our sewing
machine operator positions. We are seeking to hire 15-20 blind candidates.
It would be greatly appreciated if we can get our job description passed on
for viewing. Below is our job description:

SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR (Experienced) :

Supports sewing operations by performing a single operation or on an
assigned piece of equipment or sewing machine, in order to produce
components or products in accordance with product and quality
specifications. Positions available in both Burlington and Greensboro, NC.
locations.

** Blind/visually impaired candidates are encouraged to apply, NO
EXPERIENCE NECESSARY**

Requirements:

*       Experienced Sewing Machine Operators with 3-5 years’ experience in
commercial sewing.
*       Physical ability to stand for entire shift and perform assigned
production tasks.
*       Must know how to use standard tools such as snips, scissors,
tweezers, needle threaders, etc.
*       Must be able to thread machines, change bobbins and needles, start
machine, align materials, control pedal, and sew straight lines.
*       Must be able to understand quality standards for assigned tasks and
verify that product quality is acceptable. Must know how to distinguish
among standard types of stitches and seams and be able to measure stitches
and read standard ruler, or otherwise ensure that standards are met.

Duties:

*       Threads sewing machine for operation and sew product in accordance
with specifications. Aligns machines to ensure proper stitch count.
*       Performs repairs for sewing defects and monitors product to verify
that quality standards are being met.
*       Monitors equipment to ensure that proper safety equipment is in
place before operation. Improves productivity by suggesting better ways to
maintain equipment, reduce costs, etc.
*       Properly complete any other duties and responsibilities designated
by supervision.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools