[Ncabs] Let the NC Association of Blind Students improve your employment skills

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:52:22 UTC 2014

I'd like to introduce a new idea to the members of the NC Association of
Blind Students.  Yes, we are a social organization, but more importantly,
we are improving skills of blind students all over the state to be
successful in their lives.  To this end, NCABS will in the near future
implement an idea to produce braille menus for restaurants  By
participating in this idea, you will gain valuable skills in communication,
money management, logistical planning, leadership, and much more.  These
are all skills that future employers will want to see and skills that you
can most certainly transfer to other areas.  So, this is still in the
planning stages, but I hope that by October we are able to finalize a plan
to move forward.  Remember, NCABS is here as both a professional and social
organization so we must ensure we target both aspects.  Please let me know
if you have questions.

Thanks!.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools