[Ncabs] Google Plus

Shickeytha Chandler via Ncabs ncabs at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 15:54:52 UTC 2014

As an update, I was finally able to figure out how to get my
information entered to create a Google Plus account. It certainly
required different techniques than I have encountered on other sites
and was slightly annoying, but it was doable. What I had to do was
press "Insert + Z" to turn the virtual PC cursor off and then tab to
the menu and press space bar, then arrow down and press the enter key
once I found the response I wanted to select. I was also unable to use
buttons such as the "Continue" button unless I turned off the virtual
PC cursor. While the virtual PC cursor was off, JAWS would only read
buttons and menus but not other information on the page, so I kept
having to go back and forth between the virtual PC cursor being on and
off, and it was generally a pain. But the good news is I now have a
Google Plus account! I am using a laptop, so not sure if that fact
contributed at all to the difficulties I encountered.