[Ncabs] Google Plus

Shickeytha Chandler via Ncabs ncabs at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 19:16:49 UTC 2014

So while we have been on the topic of Google Plus and Google Hangouts,
I have tried to create a Google Plus profile. On the initial screen,
there are places where I must choose gender, birthday, etc. JAWS reads
these as "button menus". I clicked the space bar to expand but still
was not able to move down to select my response. I tried multiple
times using both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I tried simply using
the arrow keys as well as using alt plus down arrow as with drop down
boxes. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Is there a key command I
need to know or just an accessibility issue? Thanks.

Shickeytha