[Ncabs] Google Hangouts and Social Media

Shickeytha Chandler via Ncabs ncabs at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 14:46:39 UTC 2014

Hey Travis,

I was able to get the profile set up (see previous email). Still
working on getting familiar with the layout and key commands necessary
to navigate it. At this point, I am finding it more difficult to
navigate than other social networks, but once I learn all the right
tips and tricks, it may be fine... I was hoping it might have a text
only version of the site (similar to m.facebook.com , m.twitter.com ,
etc.) that I might access even from my PC, but it doesn't look like
that is an option. There is a button to click accessibility mode on
and off, but I didn't find that to make much difference in terms of
ease of use. So hopefully I'll eventually figure out all the right key
commands. If you know of any JAWS-specific tips that might be helpful
other than the standard navigation key commands, I would certainly
appreciate you sending those to me.

Thanks,

Shickeytha