[Ncabs] NC Association of Blind Students updates

Alan A. Chase via Ncabs ncabs at nfbnet.org
Mon May 26 19:27:36 UTC 2014

All,

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce NCABS's new attendance
incentive.  Here's how it works.  Each month a gift card to a selected
restaurant will be given away.  The amount of the gift card depends
upon the attendance for the call.  The amount of the gift card is
double the number of those in attendance.  Attendance is what is
reported by the secretary only.  You must be present the entire call
to win.  So, for example, if 10 people attend our June call a gift
card totaling $20 will be given away.  So, tell your friends and be
sure to be on our June call so you might the lucky winner!

Finally, I'd like to propose a new idea to make NCABS more appealing
to each of you.  What will NCABS do for you?  Our quarterly SUP
Seminars will help you with leadership, event planning, and public
speaking.  However, there are many other ways to express yourself as
well.  Communication and collaboration is a key attribute for
employers.  So, I'd like to propose that NCABS create a one page
newsletter for each of us to express our views, share our knowledge,
and work together on more informal things.  For example, you might
share a favorite recipe or discuss how to plant your next garden.
This newsletter is to get us away from the typical buzz of advocacy
and to focus on what we do everyday.

Please offer feedback.

Enjoy the Holiday!

Alan

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools