[Ncabs] Response Requested: State Convention

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:13:16 UTC 2015

Good morning friends,

                As State Convention is upon us in just under a month, the
NCABS Board is in need of some information from each of you.

This is a long message, so I do apologise in advance. Regardless, please do
read this in its entirety.

The State Convention will take place in Wilmington, North Carolina from
September 18-20.

Room rates are $89 per night, yet with tax it is $101. I can help you find
roommates if need be, yet I will need to hear from you by the end of the
week. If you choose to share a room with three others, you will be paying
$25 a night, for two nights.

The hotel is located at 5032 Market Street, entitled the Holiday Inn.

The festivities begin for students on Friday night as we venture out of the
hotel to a nearby pizza restaurant. There will be no charge to students for
this meal. Additionally, Saturday's lunch will take place at Olive Garden.
NCABS will give $10 to each student. If you choose to have a meal that is
more than $10, the difference will come out of your own pocket.

Saturday's banquet is $30, registration is $10.

Friday night, there are many options for activities, including just hanging
out around the hotel at the ppol.

Our national student representative will be Sean Whalen. We are excited to
welcome him to North Carolina and learn from a phenominal pubcli speaker and
mentor!

Saturday morning, we will have the option to surf, for free, at a nearby
beach. This activity will take place from 8-10 and will involve trained
professionals teaching us the basics of surfing.

Finally, if you are interested in taking advantage of transportation,
whether you have spoken to me already or not, I need to hear from you.

We will be renting an automobile that will travel from Charlotte to
Wilmington, stopping at cities where students are located. Each way, we
expect students to pay $20, a total of $40 roundtrip.

What I need from each of you:

Email me by Saturday, August 22, at noon eastern to let me know if you will
be riding with us, both ways or just one way, if you are interested in
surfing, if you are in need of a roommate, and the best number to reach you
at.

I will need money for transportation by September 1. Please let me know how
you plan on paying this amount, whether it be via check or paypal.

Sorry for such a long message; and I cannot wait to spend the weekend with
you all!

Please email responses to Kathryn Webster at kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
<mailto:kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com>

Thanks!

Kathryn Webster

President | North Carolina Association of Blind Students