[Ncabs] Braille Menu Accessible Program

Alan A. Chase aachase1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:46:35 UTC 2015

Good evening Fellow Federationists!

I am excited to announce the launching of the North Carolina Association of
Blind Students’ newly created fund-raiser.

The Braille Menu Accessibility Program (BMAP) offers any restaurant in
North Carolina to receive a Braille menu embossed by the student division.

We are hoping to promote this idea to local, regional, and nationwide
restaurants in order to encourage the production of Braille menus
universally. Each menu will cost the restaurant $30, and this, in turn,
will increase the student division’s funding.

I want more students to have the ability to attend events such as National
Convention, State Convention, Washington Seminar, etc. This fund-raiser
will help this process, since, as we all know, college students struggle
with our finances.
Please consider helping the student division out by distributing the
attached letter to any restaurants within your town/city.

Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any additional comments, questions,
or clarifications.

--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Exceptional Children Program Facilitator, Durham Public Schools