[Nd-talk] Access to Technology Resources Fair and Convention 2017!

Sherry Shirek sherrybeth7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:21:45 UTC 2017

You are all cordially invited to join the National Federation of the Blind
of North Dakota for our preconvention "Access to Technology and Resources
Fair" on September 15, 2017 from 8:30AM to 5PM. at the Ramada Inn, formally
Baymont Inn & Suites, 3333 13th Ave S in Fargo.

Registration begins at 8:00AM and is free to the public! If you are blind or
have low vision, a family member, professional in the field or know someone
who has vision loss, all are welcome to attend! There is always something to
learn.

Throughout the day, we will host workshops and breakout sessions targeted to
those with recent vision loss, senior citizens, adults of all ages, students
and parents. Some of the interactive breakout sessions include daily living
product demonstrations; iPhone and iPad apps; Android phones and tablet
demonstrations; All about Guide dogs; Low Vision Aids; Recreation and
Leisure activities; support networks and more!  A vendor exhibit room with
resources and products for those who are blind or have low vision, in
addition to demonstrations and presentations by vendors are just some of the
highlights of the day. Door prizes will be given throughout the day!

In the morning, our keynote speaker is Dr. Fred Schroder, President of the
World Blind Union. Beginning at 2PM, we will host a panel of rehabilitation
services with Paul Olson Superintendent NDVS SB; A representative (TBD) from
ND DVR; and Dan Wenzel, Executive Director Blind Inc.

The Fargo Moorhead Vision Group will hold their monthly luncheon meeting and
after school hours we will host a student and parent event with pizza and
swimming in the hotel pool! A showing of "Do you Dream in Color" with audio
description will be shown at 7PM at the hotel.

Our outreach is targeted to blind adults, senior citizens, students,
parents, teachers and professionals in the field of blindness. We are
reaching out to those who have recently experienced vision loss and need to
learn about the resources and products available to them. We are holding a
special session for parents and students to discuss options for transition
programs and talk technology!

On Saturday, the National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota will hold
our annual state convention from 9AM to 4PM. All are welcome to attend.
Preregistration is required on Friday and a $25 fee for the luncheon banquet
meal and registration is required.

For those traveling from out of town, hotel rooms are available for $90 per
night plus tax. To make your hotel room reservations, please call the Ramada
directly at (701) 235-3333. For any questions, please feel welcome to
contact me.

Sincerely

Sherry Shirek

Secretary/Co-Chair Fair Committee

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Cell 701-781-3055

 <http://www.nfbnd.orgg> www.nfbnd.orgg

You can live the life you want, blindness does not have to hold you back!
With love, hope and determination anything is possible!