[Nd-talk] FW: YOU'RE INVITED: 2017 Western Regional Student Seminar

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:22:43 UTC 2017

From: Kathryn Webster, NABS President [mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:21 PM
To: 'Anna Givens' <annajee82 at gmail.com>; 'Julie Deden'
<jdeden at cocenter.org>; 'Scott C. Labarre' <slabarre at labarrelaw.com>
Cc: board at nabslink.org
Subject: YOU'RE INVITED: 2017 Western Regional Student Seminar

This March, the Colorado Center for the Blind, National Association of Blind
Students, and the Colorado student division are collaborating to host an
incredible western regional student seminar! We are excited to have many
students from several states join us in beautiful Denver, Colorado.

Below, you will find more information regarding the seminar. Attached to
this message, please find a flier with similar information.

What: The 2017 Western Regional Student Seminar

The Strength of Confidence

When: Friday, March 10 and Saturday, March 11, 2017

Where: Colorado Center for the Blind, Littleton, Colorado

THE STRENGTH OF CONFIDENCE

2017 Western Regional Student Seminar

Want to connect with other blind students? The Western Regional seminar is
the place to do it.

The Colorado Center for the Blind, National Association of Blind Students,
and the Colorado Association of Blind Students is hosting a seminar in
beautiful Colorado in March 2017.

Topics to learn about include:

*	Networking
*	Advocacy
*	Fitness&Wellness
*	Legislation
*	Career opportunities
*	College preparation and admission
*	College and career resources
*	Teamwork
*	Leadership
*	Confidence building

Kick off the weekend with a college and career fair on Friday, March 10, at
10 AM at the Colorado Center for the Blind (CCB,) followed by a social event
in downtown Denver. Wake up bright and early on Saturday morning for some
invigorating yoga and get ready for an engaging and interactive day of
networking and learning. We will end our weekend Saturday night with some
exciting food and fun downtown, getting good practice with public transit!

To reserve a spot at this year's Western Seminar,

Email Kathryn Webster at  <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com>
nabs.president at gmail.com

To reserve your hotel room, contact:

Hampton In and Suites

Phone:  303-794-1800

Address: 3095 West County line Road Littleton Colorado

Rates are $106

A free hot breakfast is provided.

Shuttle service is available within a five mile radius.

When making a reservation, say that you are with the Colorado Center for the
Blind,

Make your reservations today! We'll see you soon!

Note: Reservations are accepted until the end of February.

For questions:

Please contact Julie Deden, Director, and Colorado Center for the Blind,
jdeden at cocenter.org <mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org> ;

Kathryn Webster, President, National Association of Blind Students,
203-273-8463, nabs.president at gmail.com <mailto:nabs.president at gmail.com> ;

Or

Anna Givens, President, Colorado Student Division, 402-817-8934,
<mailto:cabs.students at gmail.com> cabs.students at gmail.com

See you soon!