[Nd-talk] Urgent Action Needed - H.R. 620

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 13:36:19 UTC 2018

Colleagues,

Some resources that might be helpful to us today:

Below is a link to this evening's testimony on the ADA Education and Reform
Act before the House Committee on Rules which sets the parameters for the
floor debate on the Bill. That link is followed by other resources

Even if nothing else you've read has; I am pretty sure this testimony will
inspire you to contact your Representative and Senator.  You can do so at

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials.

Video

https://rules.house.gov/video/rules-committee-hearing-hr-3978-3299-620

HR 620 testimony is half way into the video (5:52pm on the clock or at
minute 052 on the counter)

Text of Bill, Judiciary Committee report, and offered amendments are at: our

https://rules.house.gov/bill/115/hr-620

ACLU' Myths & Facts about HR 620 is at:

https://www.aclu.org/other/hr-620-myths-and-truths-about-ada-education-and-r
eform-act

Some resources to add to the discussion:

[...]

Sincerely,

Milton Ota, President

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Web: http://nfbnd.org/

909 8th St., S.

Fargo, ND 58103-2723

Cell: (701) 731-0511

E-mail: mota1252 at gmail.com

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND KNOWS THAT BLINDNESS IS NOT THE
CHARACTERISTIC THAT DEFINES YOU OR YOUR FUTURE. EVERY DAY WE RAISE THE
EXPECTATIONS

OF BLIND PEOPLE, BECAUSE LOW EXPECTATIONS CREATE OBSTACLES BETWEEN BLIND
PEOPLE AND OUR DREAMS. YOU CAN LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT; BLINDNESS IS NOT WHAT
HOLDS

YOU BACK. THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND IS NOT AN ORGANIZATION
SPEAKING FOR THE BLIND--IT IS THE BLIND SPEAKING FOR OURSELVES.

With Love, Hope and Determination, We Turn Dreams Into Reality.

Together We Change What It Means to Be Blind.