[Nd-talk] FW: give what you can on #GivingTuesday

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:58:56 UTC 2018

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Thanks to you, the National Federation of the Blind has a tremendous impact on the lives of blind people of all ages—and maybe you have benefitted from our advocacy and philosophy yourself. If you missed #WhiteCaneGiving day, we hope you will give what you can on #GivingTuesday, which is coming up November 27.

All gifts make a difference and your support makes the Federation stronger. I want to share a few recent examples of the impact that the NFB and our network of leaders and mentors have on the lives blind people:

One of our scholarship recipients wrote:

“I am grateful for the scholarship, but more importantly, I am grateful for the terrific leaders I have met. They have taught me to dream bigger, pushing my dreams beyond what I once believed to be possible.”

A teen who attended YouthSlam for the first time said:

“Too often being blind means we are ignored at school because our teachers think we are not capable of science, math, engineering, or technology. I know I can do it and YouthSlam gave me the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with it.”

An NFB BELL Academy parent and donor said:

“I could go on and on about what an impact BELL has had in our family’s lives, but I will leave it as, ‘the impact is huge.’ I wanted to let parents that are new to this journey know that this wonderful opportunity existed and help with funding to keep the program going with a low cost to the families. Every little bit helps, right?”

Help us continue to share the gifts of confidence, literacy, education, independence, and so much more. You can contribute on #GivingTuesday by:

1.	Donating online at  <https://nfb.org/donate2018> nfb.org/donate2018
2.	Sharing our message on social media by using the #WhiteCaneGiving hashtag and directing people to nfb.org/donate2018, and sharing our giving posts
3.	 <https://www.facebook.com/help/990087377765844> Setting up a Facebook fundraiser for the NFB; Facebook and PayPal are matching donations Tuesday, November 27

Please feel free to reach out to me personally at 410-659-9314, extension 2422, or pchang at nfb.org.

Thank you so much for everything you do to help blind people live the lives we want.

Sincerely,

Patti Chang

Director of Outreach

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2422 | pchang at nfb.org <mailto:pchang at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>