[ND-Talk] Phil Raistrick, Visionary Founder of En-Vision America, Passes Away

Sherry Shirek sherrybeth7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:29:11 UTC 2019

Phil Raistrick, Visionary Founder of En-Vision America, Passes Away

Link to press release:
https://www.envisionamerica.com/phil-raistrick-visionary-founder-of-en-visio
n-america-passes-away/

PALMETTO, Fla., November 25, 2019 - It's with great sadness, En-Vision
America announces the passing of their beloved company founder Phil
Raistrick. He sadly and suddenly passed on November 20, 2019. Phil was a
giant of a man and a visionary who was dedicated to providing those with
vision impairment greater independence through technology.

The company began in Phil's basement. Phil and his two visually impaired
brothers loved playing poker. While one knew the Braille, the other did not.
That spark fed the flame that would become En-Vision America.

The i.d. mate, a talking barcode scanner, was born in 1996. Phil worked
closely on developing the program that would evolve to the bar code scanner
that we know and love today. It is tool that allows individuals with a
vision impairment to barcode items and use the reader to identify these
objects. In addition to allowing his brothers to better play poker, now they
could identify millions of items that can be found in grocery stores today.

Not long after the barcode scanner, Phil worked on the problem of medication
safety with the introduction of ScripTalk, a talking prescription reader.
This system has expanded into tens of thousands of pharmacies throughout the
nation and Canada and has evolved to include large print labels, Braille
labels, dual-language labels and Controlled Substance Safety Labels.

"With all his heart, Phil loved this company and what we stand for," says
David Raistrick, En-Vision America's Vice President. "We stood
shoulder-to-shoulder with him to make a difference in the lives of others.
It is because of him that we will carry on helping so many people around
this world."

A springtime Illinois memorial will also be held Saturday, April 11, 2020 at
Wilton Mortuary, 2101 N. Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603. Visitation for the
memorial will be 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. with graveside services at Springdale
Cemetery following.

Contact Information:

Jenna Reed

 <mailto:jreed at envisionamerica.com> jreed at envisionamerica.com

Sherry E. Shirek, Secretary

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Voice/text 701-781-3055

Email  <mailto:sherrybeth7 at gmail.com> sherrybeth7 at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfbnd.org> www.nfbnd.org

With love, hope & determination, we change dreams into reality

blindness is not what holds you back

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlindofNorthDakota/?ref=bookm
arks> Like us on Facebook