[ND-Talk] FW: Testing Opportunities for Blind and Low-Vision Entrepreneurs

mota1252 at gmail.com mota1252 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:05:31 UTC 2019

From: National Federation of the Blind <JerniganInstitute at nfb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:30 AM
Subject: Testing Opportunities for Blind and Low-Vision Entrepreneurs

We are currently seeking eight to ten blind individuals to participate in two upcoming accessibility/usability testing opportunities:

1.	Testing an online learning platform: we require participants who are female entrepreneurs or aspiring small business owners. This project has urgent need for usability testing and we are currently scheduling for the first week of August.
2.	Testing a small business website:  we require participants who are entrepreneurs and aspiring small business owners. The participants for these sessions can be any gender.

The testing should take approximately one hour and individuals can participate remotely or in-person. Individuals will receive a $50.00 VISA gift card to offset any expenses incurred to participate in this project.

In order to be considered for participation, you must be a blind or low-vision entrepreneur with skills to access a computer using screen reader technology. You must have internet access if you would like to participate remotely.

To be considered for participation in this testing, send the following email to jerniganinstitute at nfb.org <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15009&qid=2842966> .

*	Name:
*	Email:
*	Phone:
*	Gender:
*	Are you an entrepreneur/small business owner? (Yes/No)
*	What type of business?
*	What screen access technology do you use to access a computer?

If you would like to be considered for other opportunities, sign up as a member of our BUILD team at: https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15010&qid=2842966> .

  _____

About the Blind Users Innovating and Leading Design (BUILD) Program

Technologies are being developed every day that affect the way we all live, work, and play. Given the continuing and rapid proliferation of advanced technology, we need your help to ensure that this technology is accessible to blind people. The NFB is growing a database of blind users to test and evaluate the accessibility of websites, home-use medical devices, home appliances, fitness equipment, and other products and services.

Testers in our BUILD program will periodically receive requests to evaluate various websites, products, or services for usability and accessibility. We are currently seeking blind individuals to test the accessibility/usability of an order pickup locker kiosk in New York City, to provide feedback on the accessibility of Autonomous Vehicles in Arizona, and to evaluate the usability of our Accessibility Switchboard portal.

In order for us to obtain real-world experiences, we are seeking information from novices to experts. Although most are volunteer opportunities, some of these projects may offer compensation, premiums like gift cards, or product discounts. If you are interested in building the next generation of accessible products and services, please register to become a tester in our BUILD program by visiting the following link and completing an application: https://nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/blind-users-innovating-and-leading-design <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15010&qid=2842966> .

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15011&qid=2842966>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15012&qid=2842966>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15013&qid=2842966>

National Federation of the Blind  | (410) 659-9314 |  <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15015&qid=2842966> nfb.org
 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=12762&qid=2842966&h=3c588777685695fc> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=12762&qid=2842966&h=3c588777685695fc> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15016&qid=2842966> Sign up for email newsletter

200 E WELLS ST
BALTIMORE, MD 21230-4850
United States