[ND-Talk] 2019 National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota convention

mota1252 at gmail.com mota1252 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:08:47 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind

of North Dakota

2019 Convention

Come join us on Saturday, October 5, 2019, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

WHERE: Clubhouse Hotel and Suite

            4400 15th Avenue, South

            Fargo, North Dakota

We will be celebrating this as part of "MEET THE BLIND MONTH", and WHITECANE
"AWARENESS".

As part of "WHITECANE AWARENESS" we will accept old, broken and unused canes
and they will be sent to "I CANE GIVE" to be referbished and sent to foreign
countries. To learn more about this you need to attend our convention.

Now here is a brief line-up of our program:

.           Here the report of activities from our National Representative
Adelmo vigil, President of the NFB of New Mexico, and Board member of the
National Federation of the Blind. To learn more about Mr. vigil go to the
link below:

https://www.nfb.org/about-us/leadership/board-directors/adelmo-vigil

.           Learn about what is going on at the ND Talking Book Library;

.           Find out what is going on with changes with Vocational
Rehabilitation services for the blind and Older Blind Program;

.           Come and see the new voting machine and get a hands on
demonstration;

.           Meet the Superintendent of the School for the Blind in Grand
Forks, and learn what is going on there;

.           Hear from a representative of "I CANE GIVE";

.           Learn about the National Association of Blind Students.

After all of this, we will have our Business Meeting where you will hear
from the affiliate President give a report on the status of the NFB of North
Dakota; election; and any other matters of business that needs to be
conducted at the state convention.

Cost: $5.00 Registration

            $20.00 for Lunch

If planning to attend, RSVP to Sherry Shirek by e-mail
<sherrybeth7 at gmail.com> or call her at (701) 781-3055.

You can also call President Milton Ota at (701) 731-0511 or e-mail him at
<mota1252 at gmail.com> with questions.

See attachment for agenda.