[ND-Talk] Legislative Alert--your help is needed!

Sherry Shirek sherrybeth7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:28:52 UTC 2020

Greetings North Dakota Federation Family and Friends

Please take a moment to call Senator Hoeven's office. We need him to sponsor
S.815 Access to Technology Affordability Act.

This week there will be hearings held in congress regarding COVID. We are
hoping to have the Access Technology Affordability Act to be included in the
COVID package which will give blind Americans a $2,000 tax credit for the
purchase of assistive technology every three years.

We have co-sponsors from Senator Kevin Cramer and representative Kelly
Armstrong of North Dakota. We need to urge Senator John Hoeven of North
Dakota to co-sponsor this bill.

Currently, we, as an organization have 112 co-sponsors in the house and 23
in the senate.

Your calls to Senator Hoeven's office are so urgently needed at this time.

Please call Senator Hoeven's office in Washington D.C. at 202-224-2551

When you call Senator Hoeven's office, you might say something like:

Hello my name is (your name) and I am a constituent of Senator Hoeven. I
live in (city) North Dakota.

I am calling to urge Senator Hoeven to co-sponsor bill S.815 the Access to
Technology Affordability Act.

I am blind and this bill would allow for a tax credit of $2,000 for the
purchase of assistive technology such as screen readers, braille embossers
and the assistive technology I need to attend college, to work and to
conduct my daily tasks.

I urge Senator Hoeven to co-sponsor S.815.

Thank you.

You can call Senator Hoeven's office directly by calling

202-224-2551

Please let me know when you call. I am the affiliate Legislative Director
and I am keeping track of our calls.

The more cosponsors we have in the House and Senate, the more likely
Congress will include this bill in the next COVID-19 package. That package
is likely to pass sometime in July, so we need to continue to build
cosponsor support quickly.

Thanks so much! You are all needed and extremely valuable to our federation
family!!!

Please feel welcome to contact me with any questions.

Sherry Shirek

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota

Legislative Director

Email sherrybeth7 at gmail.com <mailto:sherrybeth7 at gmail.com>

Cell 701-781-3055

Call or text