[Nebraska-senior-blind] Last night's Senior Division First Monthly Phone Meeting Summery

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Nov 19 14:31:04 UTC 2012

Hi you all

RE: A summary of our first meeting, and notice of our upcoming second
gathering!

*1 People in attendance (introductions by each individual):

Fatos Floyd- Lincoln

Robert Leslie Newman- Omaha

Carolyn Schaeffer- Chadron

Tammy Cantrell- Lincoln

Dave Freitag- Lincoln

*2 Brags and Drags:

Dave and Tammy- (Brag) They are getting married December 1st!

Carolyn- (Drag) problems reading emails if font is not large enough; has
purchased laptop with screen easier to read. We suggested also looking at
having the font setting to a larger point (may could use desktop again).

Robert- (Brag) Learned the HTML coding for inserting pictures in webpages.
(He has his own website and is webmaster for three NFB affiliates.)

Fatos- (Brag) Is learning to use a new Braille input app for her iPhone.

*3 Goals:

Discussion  was held- definition  and importance of goals.

Tammy- Find employment working with the blind.

Dave- Begin a masters in Library Science.

Fatos- Take care of "me."

Carolyn- Spoke of the benefits of "Ski for Life."

Robert- Capture more time to write.

Next meeting:

Date- Sunday, December 9th (Our set monthly timeframe is the second Sunday
of the month)

Time- 6:00 PM MT - 7:00 PM CT

Topic: Blindness and holiday's- how do you handle yourself (contributing,
independence, etc.);? How do others treat you, (their expectations, etc.)?

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee

Vice President, NFBN Senior Division