[Nebraska-senior-blind] Talking Book and Braille Service - Nebraska - director is retiring

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Wed Aug 19 22:14:22 UTC 2015

From: Oertli, David
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:32 AM
To: Van Zandt, Pearl
Subject: Talking Book & Braille Service Director is ready for a new chapter!

August 19, 2015

I want to let staff of the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually
Impaired know I will be retiring, effective September 1, 2015.  My last day
in the office will be Monday, August 31.  I am grateful for a deeply
satisfying 32-year career as Director of the Nebraska Library Commission
Talking Book and Braille Service and for my 38-year career in librarianship.
To me, it has been amazing.

Many of you I have known for decades, and I will always value the experience
of working with you.

You may have already met Scott Scholz, our Circulation and Audio Production
Coordinator.  It is my pleasure to announce that Scott has been named Acting
Director of the Talking Book and Braille Service.

Best regards.

David Oertli, Director