[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior division February Meeting Notice - A Special Guest!

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 22:09:45 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Senior division Member

RE: Attached are the minutes from last meeting, & notice of our special
February meeting (1st Monday, not the 3rd!!)

#1 Do read the attached minutes from our January 19th meeting. If you have
any corrections or additions, email them to, both me and Karen Lemmon. And
be ready to discuss and approve them.

#2 for our February meeting, we have a special guest! It is the President of
the New Jersey Senior division, Janie Degenshein. She will inform us of how
the NJ Senior Division functions, including any special events, projects
and/or services for their members, and how they build their membership.
(Janie is not available during any other week of the month, and so our
adjustment to our meeting date.)

Recall, we have a new format for our meeting. It is to be run like a
chapter/division meeting: Come-to-order, NFB Pledge (see below), reports
will be discussed and approved (Secretary & Treasurers), Old business, New
business, time with our special guest, and finally brags & drags;
adjournment.

NFB Pledge:

      I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for

the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to

abide by its constitution.

And so here is what you need to know to join us for our January meeting:

The date: Monday the 19th

The time for the call: 6:00 PM Mountain and 7:00 PM Central

The phone number you will dial: 267-507-0400

Access code: 203747Pound

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

President, NFBN Senior division

characteristic that defines you or your future.

Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.