[Nebraska-senior-blind] NFBN Senior Division - agenda and handout for Convention Meeting

Barbara Loos beloos at neb.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 05:09:11 UTC 2016

Brad and I will be at Convention.

We'll be glad to offer people clickers.

Concerning the list, Adminstration should be Administration.

Talking Book and Braille Service isn't plural.

I don't know if there is still an Area Agency on Aging in the state. In
Lincoln, what used to go by that name is now called Aging Partners. The
number listed here is different from the one generally offered in the Living
Well magazine (which used to be Lifelines, available on cartridge through
Talking Book and Braille Service) The number they usually reference is
402-441-7070.

The place that sells ScripTalk also sells a bar code scanner, which is very
useful for identifying grocery and other items. Both ScripTalk and the bar
code scanner are available to veterans free of charge.  The company is
EnVision America. The word of isn't part of its name.

The drugstore you mentioned in Lincoln is now A Street Market, if it's the
one I think you are referencing.

Homestead National Monument has High Way. Highway is one word. We may want
to add that it has features that allow nonvisual access and participation.

We could mention that National Braille Press offers Braille/Print books for
children, how-to and other information and Braille calipers.

I'm not sure anyone these days still thinks of Learning Ally as RFB&D.

The Hadley information has the word impaired misspelled. We don't say what
it offers.

BookShare is another provider of reading material that we don't mention
here. I don't know how many seniors use it. I'm one who sometimes does.

Some entries are starred. Is there a reason for that?

That is my quick once-over.

Thank you for all you do. I don't mean to be nitpicky. I'm a detail person
and if someone asks me to look something over and comment I do it. That
being said, it's late and I may very well have missed something.

Barbara