[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] May Meeting Secretary's Report Pasted in and Attached

christine Boone christineboone2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:24:44 UTC 2020

Linda,

Thanks for sending along these minutes. That was a great meeting last time.
Tammy did a wonderful job for us.

Now to everyone: I want to let you guys know I will not be able to join you
this evening. I will be sad not to hear your voices and not to hear Fred
Schroeder. I think Fred was our guest once before and I missed that meeting
as well. Now Fred is going to take this personally I know. LOL So somebody
please tell him it is only my devotion to community volunteerism that keeps
me away.

I have a bylaws committee meeting at Church this evening at 6:30, and the
bylaws must be fixed because they include the organizational chart for our
elementary school, where I serve on the board. Then the school board meets
at 8:00 and we are in the process of hiring a new teacher. We hired him
yesterday in fact, and so I have papers for everyone to sign.

Thank you for listening to my little ramble here. I know my volunteer life
is not very interesting. But I have been so dreadful about missing our
meetings for no good reason... I wanted to let you all know I have a reason
this time. LOL

Yours in Federationism,

Chris Boone

regularly-scheduled
> classes are beginning crochet (taught by Tammy), advanced crochet,
> beginning needle knitting, and loom knitting. All classes are done by
phone,
> and each class has its own email list. Anyone may sign up for classes,
find out
> what's available or join the division on their website,
krafterskorner.org.
> There is a class on the 21st in the afternoon on making a placstic canvas
> bookmarker. They plan to do one class a month, for however long they can
> run it, on different ways to make flowers (with ribbon, origami, tissue
paper,
> pipe cleaners, needle knitting, loom knitting, crochet, and using a
Braille
> writer.) During their convention meeting they will make a card on the
Braille
> writer with a picture of a sailboat. Chris asked if they ever had anybody
make
> wreaths for decorating doors.
> Tammy said a lady and her mother make and sell them. this led to a
> discussion of what can be used to make wreaths. Robert asked about the
> cost to be a member and what that cost covers. Dues is $20, and if you
join
> now, it will be good through June 30, 2021. You can attend any classes you
> want to. They have a listserv and Monday and Friday night chats, which are
> open to anyone.
> They have 64 members. Some make things for charities. As a group project
> for convention, they made an afghan of 7 by 9-inch blocks, and the first
vice
> president sewed them together.
> Extra blocks will be sent to Warm Up America.
> They also have email classes, such as making macramé bracelets and things
> with clay. Jerry asked for ideas on how to keep track of where she is in a
> crochet pattern. Tammy suggested that she put a paper clip on her hard
> copy. If reading a pattern on her iPad, Chris and Tammy suggested typing
an
> r or star. All crafts in August will be Christmas themes. Tammy will send
out
> the information to anyone interested in the phone chats. Jo asked if loom
> knitting is where you make long tubes and make scarves and hats, wrapping
> the yarn around pegs. Tammy said yes, and you can make anything. We
> thanked Tammy for sharing with us.
>

> Linda read the March and April Secretary's Reports. There were no
additions
> or corrections, so they will be made a part of the permanent record of the
> organization.
>

> Jo asked if it is necessary to read the minutes if we receive it by email.
We