[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] May Secretary's Report Pasted in and Attached

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sat Jun 12 02:43:11 UTC 2021

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, May 10, 2021

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, May 10, 2021.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM CDT.
Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara
Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board
Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Gina Finnell, Brad Loos, Steve
Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow. Guests present were: Dorothy Babel from
Nebraska and Rita Lynch from Missouri.

Chris recited our NFB Pledge. Nancy will recite it next month.

Members shared how we keep ourselves safe in today's world, including
home alarms, PC and smartPhone apps, security cameras, ring
doorbells, standard intercoms, security systems, bed shakers, and
keeping doors locked. Chris will put in an email the name of a
low-tech camera that can be put anywhere. It will beep when someone is near.

Robert asked for topic suggestions. He suggested gardening or water
gardening, and mentioned a couple people that he could contact. He
also suggested tech stuff.

Linda read the April 2021 Secretary's Report. The report will be made
a part of the permanent record of the organization.

Cheryl read the May 2021 Treasurer's Report. It will be made a part
of the financial record of the organization.

We will talk about fund raising next month.

Barbara announced that they had the primary and the general election
in Lincoln. The people at their polling place said that they had been
shown how to use the machine, and they were asked to do a ballot
using the machine. She and Brad got another opportunity to talk to
them about encouraging other people to use it. One of the women was
excited, and encouraged them to keep working on that because she
thought it was a good idea, too.

Robert mentioned that Carlos and one other person are being
considered to be the head of RSA.

We shared brags, drags and reminiscences.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 9:09 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday May 10, 2021