[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] September Secretary's Report

Linda Mentink lmentink7360 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:07:23 UTC 2021

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION
SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, September 13, 2021

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, September 13,
2021.  President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at
7:09 PM CDT.  Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice
President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl
Livingston, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart, Bob Burns, Brad Loos, Steve
Sentiney, and Jerry Whitlow.  Guests present were: Melvin
Forster, Deb Mauer, and Charli Saltzman, from Nebraska and Beth
Wright from North Carolina.

Robert recited our NFB Pledge.  Jo will recite it next month.

Charli Saltzman, our guest speaker, shared her story and what led
her to where she is now.  She has served in several different
roles at the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually
Impaired.  She is the new Orientation Counselor there, working
mainly with the senior blind teaching Orientation and Mobility
skills, providing daily living skills, communication skills, and
technology (including the iPhone and computer), and helping them
to live independently and stay in their own homes.  She loves to
teach Braille.  She answered many questions.

Linda read the August Secretary's Report.  There were no
additions or corrections, so it will be made a part of the
permanent record of the organization.

Cheryl read the September Treasurer's Report.  It will be made a
part of the financial record of the organization.  We discussed
payment of dues for 2022.  We can send the money to Cheryl any
time before January 1, and anyone attending our NOVEMBER 13
gathering may give it to her there.  We really need to raise
funds.  We will discuss this at our next meeting.

Linda read Amy's notes to Jeff Altman concerning Blindness
Equality Awareness Month and other topics.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 9:05 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday September 13, 2021