[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] August Secretary's Report Pasted in and Attached

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sat Sep 11 20:55:54 UTC 2021

Hi all,

First, a little note. Many of you met Dorothy Babel at our state
convention a couple years ago, and she has been on several of our
meeting calls. She told me that she had a silent heart attack last
week. That's all she said, so I don't know any details. Those of you
who pray, please pray for her. Thanks.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, August 9, 2021

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, August 9, 2021.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM CDT.
Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara
Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board
Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart, Bob Burns, Gina
Finnell, Geralyn Konruff, Brad Loos, Steve Sentiney, and Jerry
Whitlow. Guests present were: Avi, Dorothy Babel, Melvin Forster, Peg
Halverson, Wes Majerus, Gayle Mason, and Ryan Ostentowsky from
Nebraska and Beth Wright from North Carolina.

Robert recited our NFB Pledge. He will recite it again next month.

Wes Majerus talked to us about smart speakers, smart TVS, audio
descriptions, and free and paid services. He answered many questions.

Linda read the July Secretary's Report. There were no additions or
corrections, so it will be made a part of the permanent record of the
organization.

Cheryl read the August Treasurer's Report. It will be made a part of
the financial record of the organization.

Cheryl reported that we will not be having a State convention in
October. We're hoping to have one in the spring.

Nationcy mentioned that the Medical Device accessibility Act has been
introduced. Chris elaborated that it was introduced in the House. She
urged us to contact our Representative, particularly Jeff Fortenberry
who wanted to try to get it through the Appropriations Committee.

Robert asked, and Jo explained the features of her Envision glasses.
She answered questions.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 9:03 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday, August 9, 2021