[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] April 11, 2022, Secretary's Report Pasted in and Attached

Christine Boone christineboone2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 02:45:56 UTC 2022

Linda, looks good to me. Thanks!

Christine Boone  Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2022, at 4:23 PM, Linda Mentink via Nebraska-Senior-Blind <nebraska-senior-blind at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi All,

Please find the Secretary's Report for our April 11, 2022, meeting pasted in and attached.  Please let me know if you find any errors or if something is unclear, or whatever.  You know the drill! Hahaha!

Happy Resurrection Day weekend to you all.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION SECRETARY'S REPORT

Monday, April 11, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, April 11, 2022.  President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM CST.  Members present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos, Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy Oltman, Chris Boone, Jo Boshart, Paula Cellar, Melvin Forster, Geralyn Konruff, Brad Loos, Steve Senteney, and Jerry Whitlow.  Guests present were: Dorothy Babel, George Fischer, Marie Morello, Jamie Richey, and Neva Robinson from Nebraska, Michael Babcock from Oregon, Patricia Maddix from Washington, and Beth Wright from North Carolina.

Barbara recited our NFB Pledge.  Jo will recite it next month.

Our guest speaker was Michael Babcock, one of the A.  T.  Guys.  This is a company based in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  They were started in 2008 to be our access technology experts.  They have around 112 products, many of which he explained.  Through April 24, if we want to order anything, enter coupon code NFBNE22 to get free shipping.  Their telephone number is (269) 216-4798 and the website is http:atguys.com.

Linda read the March Secretary's Report.  There were no additions or corrections, so it will be made a part of the permanent record of the organization.

Cheryl read the April Treasurer's Report.  It will be made a part of the financial record of the organization.

Robert mentioned a fund-raising opportunity from Vanda Pharmaceuticals.  A form will need to be filled out for them, and we need some goals.  Chris moved, Jerry seconded, that we make application to Vanda Pharmaceuticals for a grant in order to be used to benefit blind seniors.  The motion carried.

Barbara read a letter from Tricia Waechter of Blind Girl Designs concerning possible donations which we could auction off for another fund-raiser.  After discussion, we formed a committee to work out the details.  Committee members are Paula, Jo and Nancy.

Jo is on a crusade: anyone who reads Braille should call the library and ask for an eReader.

Jamie mentioned our upcoming state board meeting April 23rd at the Graduate Hotel in Lincoln at 9:00 AM.  Anyone who doesn't have a membership coin should let either her or Jerry know.

Barbara Loos mentioned the April live Presidential Release.  She mentioned that Dan Parker broke the Guinness record for the fastest blindfolded driver.  April 16 will be the We Are with U concert at 1:00 PM CST.  The Ukrainian School for the Blind was bombed.  There will be an open house on Friday, May 13, to celebrate Sally Schreiner's retirement and to welcome Tanya Armstrong who will be replacing her as Campus Administrator of the Nebraska Center for the Edcucation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Chris mentioned that the Lincoln Chapter will be enjoying the We Are with U concert together.  Jamie will put the information on our membership listserv.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 9:05 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday April 11, 2022

Beginning Balance $1634.83

Expenses

PAC for Apr $15.00

Ck 1244 on 3/29 To Jeff Scheer For door prize $10.00

Ck 1245 on 3/29 To Robert Newman For door prize $20.00

Ck 1246 on 3/29 To Linda Mentink For door prize $20.00

Total Expenses $65.00

Deposits None

Ending Balance $1569.83

Respectfully submitted,