[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] Room Block Update and Other Deadlines

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:33:23 UTC 2023

Greetings,

The Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel has extended our room block by just a
couple more days.  Attendees now have until March 5th to get their
reservation in.  Also please note that when calling the hotel at:

(402) 474-7474

Just mention the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska for the
reduced rate of $99+Tax or

<https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=16751816
85873&key=GRP&app=resvlink> Book Online

No code is required as previously announced.

Here is information on the hotel!

Capitalize on comfort and quality at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel.
Step into our elegant lobby, dominated by views of the grand staircase, and
let our attentive staff, modern amenities and convenient services make you
feel right at home. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown Lincoln, near
local sights like the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the Nebraska State
Capitol, Haymarket, the Railyard District and Pinnacle Bank Arena. Start
your day with breakfast at the Cafe, proudly serving StarbucksR coffee, then
join us for lunch or dinner at Miller Time Pub & Grill. Take a dip in our
indoor pool or work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center. With 46,000
square feet of event space, we're an ideal venue for conferences. Relax in a
hotel room with plush bedding, high-speed internet, and spacious work areas.
Experience hospitality at its finest at our downtown Lincoln hotel.

Don't forget to pre-register for this year's convention.

Here <http://www.ne.nfb.org/2023>

Before March 5, 2023, to receive the reduced rate. NOTE: The price of
Registration / Meals will increase by $5.00 if paid after March 5, 2023.

The deadline for the

2023 Gwendolyn M. Mangnall scholarship <https://ne.nfb.org/node/506>

Is also March 5th along with registration for childcare and transportation.

If you are a senior you have until March 5th to contact Robert Newman about
the following opportunity:

RE: Are you wanting to attend the NFBN state convention? Need financial
assistance; the Senior Division can help you.

2023 NFBN Senior Division Financial Fellowship

For Whom: First-time Blind Senior convention goers interested in attending
the 2023 National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska (NFBN) annual state
convention

Where: Lincoln, NE

When: March 23rd through the 26th

Why: We in the Senior Division know that attending a convention of the NFB
can be a life changing experience! The agenda is building into another event
that can spur us all to live the lives we want.

How: Call Robert Leslie Newman, president of the NFBN Senior division no
later than March 5th.

Phone- 402-660-1743

Be prepared to express your interest in attending, your financial need, and
your hopes for the experience.

Additional information can be found on our convention page as it becomes
available.

www.ne.nfb.org/2023 <http://www.ne.nfb.org/2023>

24 days and counting!

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Richey, President

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Office: (402) 477-7711

E-Mail: president at ne.nfb.org <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org>

Website: www.ne.nfb.org <http://www.ne.nfb.org>