[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] NFBN Senior Division January Meeting - A Special Guest - Topic forth-coming

robertleslienewman at gmail.com robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:44:37 UTC 2023

Hi You All

RE- January meeting is one week from today; Monday the 9th

Topic: A guest speaker will start out our meeting. I have feelers out for
our first 2023 guest speaker, and have not heard back, yet! This year, I
plan to get as many leaders from the NFB's various national divisions to
come tell us what their division is all about;  there are 25 of them. Though
hey, if you have a topic or person in mind for our special guest slot, let's
talk!

Contents of this message:

*1: When and how to get on our monthly call

*2: Agenda

*3 The NFB Pledge

*4 Secretary report

*1: When and how to get on the call

Date: Monday, January 9th

Time: 7:00 CT

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/97431318555?pwd=NmVpT2VhTEl4ZlczVElyZDYycDNGQT09

One tap mobile:

+13462487799,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

+14086380968,,97431318555#,,,,*637552#

Dial by your location:

+1 346 248 7799

+1 408 638 0968

Meeting ID: 974 3131 8555

Passcode: 637552

*2: Agenda

-First- Come to order, do introductions, and we have our NFB Pledge; voiced
by Barbara

-Second- We hand over the floor to our special guest and their unique topic.

--OLD BUSINESS

-Remind everyone to pay their dues; different ways of achieving this goal

-Anything else members may bring

NEW BUSINESS

-Affiliate Update- All members who are in-the-know will share information
concerning affiliate business.

-Whatever else we get from the membership

-Brags and Drags

*3: NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

*December Minutes:

NFBN SENIOR DIVISION MEETING SECRETARY's REPORT

Monday, December 12, 2022

The NFBN Senior Division met via Zoom on Monday, December 12, 2022.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:06 PM CST. Members
present were: President Robert Newman, Vice President Barbara Loos,
Secretary Linda Mentink, Treasurer Cheryl Livingston, Board Member Nancy
Oltman, Chris Boone, Bob Burns, Gina Finnell, Melvin Forster, and Brad Loos.
Guests present were: Doug Peterson and Ruth Schmeits from Nebraska, Jo Ann
Johnson, Vanessa Meadows and Diane Simms from Georgia and Jannis Butler.

Cheryl recited our NFB Pledge. Barbara will recite it next month.

We shared old and new Christmas traditions, meals and memories.

Linda read the November 14, 2022, Secretary's Report. There were no
additions or corrections, so it will become a part of the permanent record
of the organization.

Cheryl read the December 12, 2022, Treasurer's Report. The ending balance
was corrected. It will become a permanent part of the financial record of
the organization.

Robert reminded us to pay our 2023 membership dues.

Barbara mentioned the passing of Scott LaBarre. She mentioned our division
fund-raiser at the affiliate Board meeting.

Chris reported that Washington Seminar is coming up. Jeremy and Jamie Richey
are registered but are not sure they will be able to attend. Becca Stevens
is thinking about going. We really need someone to go. The dates are January
30-February 1. Financial assistance is available, but members are encouraged
to pay what they can.

Cheryl gave a little summary of the state board meeting. Transportation will
be available for those attending our upcoming state convention, but the
details aren't worked out yet.

We shared brags and drags.

There was no further business, so we adjourned at 8:36 PM CST.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary

Treasurer's Report Senior Division

Monday December 12, 2022

Beginning Balance  $1444.83

Expenses

PAC for December  $    15.00

Deposits

Hoodie Fundraiser   $   56.00

Dues-

Barbara Loos

Brad Loos

Cheryl Livingston

Linda Mentink                       $  40.00

Total                           $ 96.00

Ending Balance                   $1525.83

Members who have paid dues for 2023

Bob Riley

Linda Mentink

Barbara Loos