[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] FW: [NFBN-Membership] Urgent- Time Sensative- NFBN State Convention Hotel Information!

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:12:32 UTC 2023

From: NFBN-Membership <nfbn-membership-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of
christineboone2--- via NFBN-Membership
Sent: Friday, March 3, 2023 1:05 PM
To: 'NFB of Nebraska Membership List' <nfbn-membership at nfbnet.org>
Cc: christineboone2 at gmail.com
Subject: [NFBN-Membership] Urgent- Time Sensative- NFBN State Convention
Hotel Information!

Greetings All:

The 52nd annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Nebraska is going to be the event of the season! It is so popular in fact,
that we have exceeded our block of rooms by more than 50% and now the
Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker is completely sold out. Yes I said Completely
sold out. OK We are not the only group staying there on the 23rd of March as
there are several other events happening downtown that weekend. Other hotels
in the Hay Market area are sold out while some have rates above $200 a
night.

HERE IS MORE GOOD NEWS-We have found an overflow hotel: The New Victorian
Suites has some rooms available and they have  given us a rate of $99.99 per
night, or just 99 cents higher than the Convention rate at the Cornhusker.
However, they do not have many rooms left, and because of this late date
they cannot block any rooms for us. You must therefore call as soon as
possible. Mention the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska and you
will receive the special rate!

Here is the contact information for New Victorian Suites:

Phone: 402-464-4400.

Address: 225 N. 50th Street in Lincoln.

The New Victorian does offer a free continental breakfast, so you will get a
perk that is not available to those of us staying at the Cornhusker. However
you will need to take a Lyft or an Uber to reach the convention as the
Victorian does not have a shuttle.

Act Fast!