[Nebraska-Senior-Blind] Urgent- Time Sensitive- NFBN State Convention Hotel and Meal Information

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:55:57 UTC 2023

              Greetings,

Below is an announcement concerning our hotel block at the Lincoln Marriott
Cornhusker Hotel that you will want to read if you haven't already done so.

Another thing I want to remind attendees of is that because the hotel will
be full and downtown will be busy, it's not too late to register for the
lunches at the convention. This is the easiest and fastest way to get lunch!

On both Friday and Saturday a keynote presenter will speak during the lunch
hour.  These are both motivating and exciting presentations that you don't
want to miss.  Only those with a meal ticket will be able to attend the
presentations.  If you did not register for a meal and you want to add that
to your registration you will need to contact us by March 5th.  After March
5th, each registration item will increase by $5.00.

*	Registration $30
*	Friday Keynote Luncheon $30
*	Student Event $20
*	Saturday Keynote Luncheon $30
*	Banquet $55

Also, as a reminder,  if you selected electronic as your agenda option, you
WILL NOT receive a hard copy agenda in large print or braille.

Here is the information on our two Keynote luncheons:

Friday, March 24, 2023

Noon - 1:00 p.m. Keynote: Seeing the Champion Within

Lancaster 1,2,3

Tyler Merren, CEO, ReVision Training, LLC, Greenville, MI

Tyler is a 4-time Paralympic athlete, Motivational Speaker, Personal Trainer
and founder and CEO of ReVision Training, LLC. Born in Michigan with an eye
condition known as Retinitis Pigmentosa, Tyler, despite his visual
challenges, grew up with a love for sports and activities, which transferred
into his Baccalaureate in Exercise Science and career as a Personal Trainer
and Elite Athlete. His wife Leanne, who is also blind, and he have four
children and currently live in Greenville, Michigan, where Tyler is working
for Camp Tuhsmeheta, running his business, developing the ReVision Fitness
audio fitness program, homeschooling his children, training for the USA Team
and being the best husband and father he can be. Tyler believes that
blindness is a challenge, not a barrier, and teaches that, with the right
skills and determination, all things are achievable.

Meal Options for Friday

Pesto Chicken Wrap - Pesto Chicken, Tomato Basil Relish, Romaine Greens,
Shaved Parmesan in a Tortilla Wrap

Veggie Wrap - Grilled Zucchini, Squash, Onions, Mushrooms, Quinoa, and
Hummus in a Tortilla Wrap

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Noon - 1:00 p.m. Keynote: Transforming Obstacles to Opportunities Using the
4 F's

Lancaster 1,2,3

David DeNotaris, CEO, Sky's the Limit Communications, LLC, Hershey, PA

David is a speaker, trainer, and leading rehabilitation and business
consultant. He has been a longtime Federationist, winning his first state
scholarship in 1990 from the NFB of New Jersey. David has held several
leadership positions, including NFB-NewslineR Coordinator and Job
Opportunities for the Blind Coordinator. David has worked as a job coach,
job developer, Coordinator of Assistive Technology for the New Jersey
Commission for the Blind and has served as Director of the Pennsylvania
Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services  and the Executive Director of the
Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. David is the founder and
CEO of Sky's the Limit Communications, LLC. He lives in Hershey,
Pennsylvania, with his wife Mariann of 27 years and 3 children: David Jr., a
law student at the University of Pittsburgh; MaryKate, a senior at the
University of Scranton; and Emily, a freshman at Temple University; and
fuzzy good friend Valentino, a silver lab.

Meal Options for Friday

Turkey Jack - Roasted Turkey, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Tomato, Cucumber, Dijon
Aioli on Sourdough Bread

              Sun-dried Tomato Basil Hummus with seasonal grilled vegetable
medley

To change any of your registration options contact

president at ne.nfb.org <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org>

Before Sunday, March 5th!

20 days and counting!

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Richey, President

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

Office: (402) 477-7711

E-Mail: president at ne.nfb.org <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org>

Website: www.ne.nfb.org <http://www.ne.nfb.org/>