[Nebraska-students] airport/flying questions

Alli L naley.always.and.forever.xx at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:51:38 UTC 2010

hey guys

i'm going on a trip to Rochester, NY in 2 weeks and i need some help figuring something out.  i have a significant vision loss (big surprise?), but, i can see, just not well enough that i feel comfortable getting around unfamiliar locations, such as airports without my cane.  anyway...i'm flying out of KC, and my dad is dropping me off, so i'm gonna see if he can get a gate pass.  but, when i get to atlanta, i'll be on my own, so, i was wondering, should i take my folding cane or straight cane?  if i take my straight, where will i put it on the plane?  i'm in an aisle seat all of my flights (there and back).  has anyone had any experiences with Delta airlines?  were they good about helping you if you have?  what kind of assistance did they provide?  oh, and also, i'm going to surprise my friend for her birthday, and it's either gonna be her dad or aunt that picks me up.  i met her dad, but i wouldn't know him if i saw him, and i've never met her aunt, how would i go about finding whoever picks me up?  my mom thought a sign might work, but i wouldn't be close enough to see the sign, because i can't read anything unless it's like a couple feet away from me.  any ideas?

thanks in advance!

I couldn’t save you

And I didn’t want to

Cause I won’t embrace you

To fabricate you

You’ve got your mind set

Don’t compromise it

I’ll wait for the one who won’t make me sigh and say,
“I couldn’t save you”