[Nebraska-Students] Executive functions in braille reading research study

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:14:41 UTC 2022

Greetings All,

  Please read below for an opportunity to participate.

My name is Jessica Schultz, and I am a doctoral student at the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln. I am currently working on my dissertation project on
executive functions and braille reading in individuals with visual
impairments. Executive functions are the mental processes used in academic
tasks. There are multiple goals to this project:

1) to determine the executive functions in braille reading,

2) to find out if the executive functions in braille reading are different
from print reading, and

3) to determine if there are differences in executive functioning between
visually impaired and sighted individuals.

This study will examine the executive functions involved in braille reading,
how these are similar or different than those of print reading and examine
if there are any differences in executive function. Participation will take
approximately 45-60 minutes. If you are interested, please see the attached
flyer for further details. By participating, you will be eligible to enter a
raffle for a $50 electronic gift card. There are no known risks involved in
this research.

Jessica Schultz

jschultz at huskers.unl.edu <mailto:jschultz at huskers.unl.edu>