[Nebraska-Students] Braille Opportunities at National Convention

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:28:24 UTC 2022

Greetings,

Below are two opportunities to get involved at national convention.  You'll
want to act fast if interested!

Requesting Feedback on a Dynamic, Tactile Braille Display at Convention:

Thanks to a revolution in cell technology, we are now close to realizing the
dream of multi-line, dynamic electronic Braille that can also accurately
display tactile graphics-what the field often refers to as the "Holy
Braille." We are seeking members of NFB divisions who would like to
participate in a ninety-minute session to experience and give feedback on
this innovative technology. Please visit

 <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5V5Q8NB>
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5V5Q8NB

and complete the form. We will contact you, if you are chosen, to
participate in one of our sessions.

If chosen, you must sign a nondisclosure agreement and acknowledge that the
session will be recorded (audio and video) in order to participate. Space is
limited, so please complete the form as soon as possible.

Braille Book Fair Workers Needed:

Where: NFB Convention, New Orleans; Riverview 2

When: Thursday, July 7th
The Braille Book Fair has become one of the highlights of the convention for
many teachers, parents, blind kids, blind parents, and adult beginning
Braille readers. But the event could not take place without the help of many
dedicated, talented volunteers. And that's where you come in. As a past
worker, or simply interested supporter of the Braille Book Fair, we hope you
can either volunteer, or give us the contact information for someone that
you recommend.
 You do not need to work the entire afternoon or evening, but we  do ask
that you try to work an entire shift. We especially need for people who help
customers to come BEFORE we open the doors at 5:00 p.m. and to commit to
staying until at least 6:30 p.m. Book lovers are great for this shift, as
you will assist visitors in book decisions/selections.

Available Volunteer Times:
Set-up:
Shift 1. 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Shift 2.  10:30 a.m.  to 12:30 p.m.
Shift 3. 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.*  (* this time slot may change if everything is
set up during the 1st two slots)

Event:

5:00 p.m. to  6:30 p.m.

Clean-up:

6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

If you can help, please contact Sandra Oliver, NOPBC Board Member at

(713) 825-4573

Sandra.Oliver at ey.com <mailto:Sandra.Oliver at ey.com>

Please include the following if emailing:

*	I can work the following shift:
*	My email address is:
*	My cell phone number that I will have at convention is:
*	I live in (state):
*	Braille skills (including if you read by touch or by sight as a
sighted person)

Braille Rocks!