[Nebraska-Students] Ways to Get Involved - NFB BELLR Academy

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 17:38:15 UTC 2022

Greetings,

  Nebraska is pleased to once again participate in the NFB BELLR  Academy
In-Home Edition!  As we heard from our coordinator, Kimberly Scherbarth,
last week; applications are still open for students to apply.

  We also need mentors for those students here in Nebraska.  If you are
interested in becoming a mentor you need to contact Kimberly as soon as
possible so a background check can be done.  Mentors will work directly with
parents and students participating in the in-home edition.  Mentors will not
need to travel and will be in contact via phone or zoom.  Contact

bell at ne.nfb.org <mailto:bell at ne.nfb.org>

as soon as possible if interested!

  Another way to get involved in the NFB BELLR Academy is to become a
teacher.

We are seeking teachers with a positive philosophy about blindness to work
in several of our in-person NFB BELL Academy sites across the country, and
remotely as part of our NFB BELL Academy In-Home Edition.  If you are
interested, please email

 <mailto:bell at nfb.org> bell at nfb.org

to get more information about the various opportunities that are available.

  Just a reminder to become a local mentor contact

bell at ne.nfb.org <mailto:bell at ne.nfb.org>

and to work with the academy across the country contact

bell at nfb.org <mailto:bell at nfb.org>

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Richey