[Nebraska-Students] Now Hiring for WAGES 2024

jamie.richey16 at gmail.com jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 22:31:28 UTC 2024

Please red below for a great summer job opportunity!  It would be good to have some blind Nebraskan’s work this program!

We are pleased to announce that hiring has begun for the 2024 Work and Gain Experience in the Summer (WAGES) program. More information is below.

As a blind person who attended summer camps and programs growing up, there was no greater influence to me than positive adult role models that I could relate to. Blind and low vision mentors taught me valuable skills, prepared me for life beyond high school, and became people I looked up to for advice, ideas, and growth. It is my hope that we can provide these same experiences to this year's WAGES participants, and I invite you to apply to join us during the summer or send this mesage along to someone you think may be a good fit. We have positions to fit a variety of schedules including days, evenings, overnights, and weekends.
●Dates: June 16 - July 26, 2024 (staff training June 14)
●Location: University of Nebraska Lincoln + Various job sites
●Contact email: wagesnebraska at gmail.com <mailto:wagesnebraska at gmail.com>
●Contact phone or text: (402) 302-1222

Information for Staff

We are currently hiring for all positions for the 2024 WAGES program. To submit your job application, please visit
https://bit.ly/wages24

Note: You may need to log into your Google/Gmail account to fill out the application.
ABOUT WAGES

Work and Gain Experience in the Summer (WAGES) is a program of the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired. WAGES is a six-week immersive employment experience for high school students 15 years and older who are blind and low vision held from June 16-July 26, 2024. During the program students live in a dormitory setting on the University of Nebraska Lincoln campus and work a full-time job. In addition to gaining valuable work experience, students have the opportunity to improve their blindness and independent living skills and gain self-confidence. When not working, students participate in a variety of challenge recreation activities and blindness philosophy discussions and activities. During the program, students will have the opportunity to attend the National Federation of the blind National Convention in Orlando, Fl from July 3-8.

About JB&K Services

JB&K Services is a disabled owned, woman owned, small business contracted by the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired for the management of the WAGES program. JB&K Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type.

Please visit https://bit.ly/wages24 for job descriptions and more information.

Thank you for your interest in the WAGES program.