[Nevada-Announce] National white cane day celebrations and reminders about scholarships, essay contests, and the NFB Nevada state convention

President NFB Nevada president at nfbnevada.org
Fri Oct 14 21:29:01 UTC 2022

Greetings!

Today is Friday, October 14, which means tomorrow is National White Cane Awareness Day! Both our NFB Northern and Southern Nevada Chapters will be celebrating. Below are announcements from our chapter presidents. We hope you join us!

Tomorrow, October 15, is also the deadline for our NFB Nevada Scholarships and Essay Contests. Each year we award a $1,000 and $1,500 cash scholarships to blind college students in Nevada.   In addition to our college scholarship program, we are bringing back our Silver State Federation Family First Timers Scholarship for people who will be attending their first state convention. For the second year, we are also holding our Essay contests for students in grades K – 12.

Lastly, the last day to make room reservations for the Nfb Nevada State Convention is Tuesday, October 18. The last day to register for the convention is Friday, November 4. For convention details, please visit http://nfbnevada.org/convention

For your convenience, please find attached our state convention announcement, unity scholarship, first timer scholarship, and K 12 essay contest information.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Wholeheartedly yours,
Terri Rupp | President
NFB Nevada
702-524-0835
President at nfbnevada.org

Northern Nevada

Good morning fellow, chapter members!
Here are the details for October 15. White cane walk event. We will be meeting at 200 E. 4th St., which is the north building at the fourth Street station. We will be meeting starting at 10:30 AM and we will be leaving the bus station sharply at 11, so please be on time. we will be taking a lovely walk followed by a group lunch. I look forward to having you all there!

Mona Coker | President
Northern Nevada Chapter
 (775) 229-0469
adeserajr at hotmail.com

Southern Nevada

 The Southern Nevada chapter of the NFB will be hosting our annual White Cane Walk to celebrate national White Cane awareness Day!

Saturday October 15, 2022
12:00 p.m. to 4:00 PM
Paseo Verde Park 1851 Paseo Verde Pkwy. Henderson, NV 89012

Plans currently include, a picnic lunch While supplies last, raffles, including a grand prize worth $200,
free giveaways, games, and more.
During the event we will all parade to the nearby District at Green Valley Ranch Shopping Center.
This is our chance to connect with the community, share information about the NFB , and show off our stellar mobility skills.

There are park benches on location, however to keep within the family picnic theme of this year's event, we invite everyone to bring blankets and folding chairs if you wish. This will also help everyone to maintain a safe distance while still socializing.
Don’t be left out of this celebration.

Jinnerfer Strother | President
 Southern Nevada Chapter
(440) 463-3796