[New-york-news] Paid research study at CornellTech NYC

Shafeka Hashash shafekah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:19:35 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

For those who do not know me, my name is Shafeka Hashash, and I am the
new research manager at Cornell's NYC campus, CornellTech. We work on
many projects for blind or low vision people in making the world a
more accessible place. One of the groups I am working with is
conducting a project specifically for people with low vision who use
visual tools. The research group is exploring the feasibility of
mainstream commercial augmented reality (AR) glasses for people with
low vision, and we are looking for volunteers to participate in a
study to help us with our work by providing feedback as future users
to guide the project!

What the study is about:
This study is to explore the feasibility of mainstream commercial AR
glasses (Epson Glass and Google Glass) for people with low vision. We
will generate different visual elements such as basic shapes, images
and texts on the smart glasses and ask participants to provide
feedback on their visual experience through the glasses while they are
sitting and walking. The study will be around two hours.

Participants must:
Be at least 18 years old
Have low vision (i.e., a visual impairment that cannot be corrected
with contacts or glasses)
Be interested in trying new technologies

Participants will be compensated $20 (or a $20 gift card) for each
hour of a study session. For this two-hour study they will receive
$40. If participants require assistance with transportation to the
study location, we will pay for their transportation expenses up to
$60. Participants should provide transportation receipts to get the
corresponding reimbursement.

Cancellation Policy:
If you want to cancel the experiment appointment, please provide us
with at least 24 hours of notice as we are working hard to rearrange
all schedules to best fit times that work with each participant. Thank
you so much for your cooperation.

If you are interested, please contact us at
shafekah at gmail.com
begin the process.
We look forward to meeting with you and learning from your experiences!

If you have some friends who are also interested in this study, please
feel free to forward this email or ask them to contact us. Thank you
so much for your help!

--

Shafeka Hashash
Email: snh278 at nyu.edu