[New-york-news] NYAGDU Show And Tail Event Friday 17th

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 18:08:19 UTC 2017

NYAGDU Show and Tail

Come and check out our Show and Tail event at this year’s convention. Come
to the NYAGDU meeting between 12:00 and 1:00 on Friday the 17th and bring
your favorite guide dog handling equipment. It can be equipment issued by
any school or made by any brand, just something that you find especially
helpful with working or caring for your guide. Heather, from the Rochester
chapter will be bringing a custom made sports harness made by On the Go a
company run by Julie Johnson, an owner trainer. Heather will of course pass
around her harness, but for a small $2 donation to NYAGDU you can borrow the
harness and Heather will help you to fit it correctly to your guide and you
can take the harness for a 10 minute test drive while at convention. We will
also have a speaker this year from the Guide Dog Foundation to speak about
updates in the breeding, raising and training programs to interested guide
dog handlers.

Heather Bird

"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." -
Martin Niemöller

In our diverse society we must never fail to speak up in the face of Human
Rights violations lest we be the next targets of such violations.