[New-york-news] AIRA is Free in Manhattan for March

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Wed Mar 7 16:20:17 UTC 2018

Colleagues and Friends,

At the Accessibility NYC meetup last night, Aira sales director Marty Watts
announced that AIRA is free to use in Manhattan for the month of March. If
you’d like to try the service without subscribing g, now’s your chance to
download the app and create a free guest account. Please contact Aira
directly (their website is aira.io) with any questions about signing up and
logging on, and only reach out to the library team with your usual tech
questions (e.g. how to operate the app, thinking of use cases).

We never endorse specific products here but we thought that it would be
important for patrons to know that this free access is happening for the
month of March. Remember that other forms of visual assistance also exist,
and your library tech team is here to support you in exploring any and all
of them!

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator