[New-york-news] events for VI on Nov 28 at JM, 29 at Visions and Lighthouse, and on Dec. 4 at MOMA

Rachel Bodek rybodek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:23:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

See attached flier and info below.

November 28

Jewish Museum Verbal Description Tour

The Jewish Museum

1109 Fifth Avenue

New York, New York

212-423-3289

 <mailto:access at thejm.org> access at thejm.org

2:00 pm

Multisensory experiences and verbal descriptions bring the Museum’s exhibitions to life for people who are blind or have low vision. This month’s descriptive gallery tour examines the works of Marc Chagall, El Lissitzky, Kazimir Malevich, and others, exploring a little-known chapter in the history of modernity and the Russian avant-garde. Registration requested.

November 29

Lighthouse Guild Parent Support Group

Lavelle School for the Blind

3830 Paulding Avenue

Bronx, New York

212-769-6306
 <mailto:GerraL at lighthouseguild.org> GerraL at lighthouseguild.org Linda

10:30 am-12:00 pm

Lighthouse Guild’s support group for parents of children with visual impairments.

December 4

Art In Sight

Museum of Modern Art

11 West 53rd Street

New York, New York

212-408-6447

 <mailto:accessprograms at moma.org> accessprograms at moma.org

2:00-4:00 pm

Each month, specially trained MoMa lecturers highlight specific themes, artists, or exhibitions through verbal description and touch. This month’s highlight is “Architecture and Design”. Wheelchairs, portable stools, FM headsets, large print, and Braille information brochures available. Service animals welcome. Registration requested.