[New-york-news] October’s national blind parent conference call

candice.attrill candice.attrill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:45:26 UTC 2018

we currently have our New York State blind parent conference calls, but there have also recently started to be once put on by national. These calls can take up to the first 10 parents who apply only. The information for this upcoming blind parent conference call for October is below. please also be on the lookout for more information coming about this upcoming Sunday is New York State blind parents conference call.

********
The NFB Blind Parents Group is hosting a conference call on Monday, October 1 at 9:00 PM Eastern, 8:00 Central, 7:00 Mountain, and 6:00 Pacific Time. This month, we will be discussing strategies for helping our children with homework and advocating for our needs as parents to our children’s teachers and other school staff. This call will be open to the first ten blind parents who register, but preference will be given to parents with children who are currently in school. Discussion will be led by three blind parents. Melissa Lehman Riccobono is the Coordinator of the NFB Blind Parents Initiative and the mother of three children. Priscilla Yeung is the mother of two children; she works as the Senior Impact Program Coordinator and an orientation and mobility instructor at the Sacramento Society for the Blind. Nicole D Fincham-Shehan is a blind mother of two children, who is currently the NFB of Florida Blind Parents Initiative Coordinator. Call participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and share strategies and techniques for helping kids with homework and communicating effectively about any accommodations you need as a parent with your children’s school.
Other than the three discussion leaders, this call will be limited to ten participants. You can sign up by emailing me directly at stacy.cervenka at gmail.com with “Blind Parents Call” as the subject line. Please let me know the ages of your children and any questions you would like to be sure are addressed. Thank you!