[New-york-news] Community Announcement: QuickBooks Training with My Blind Spot

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Tue Sep 18 12:48:46 UTC 2018

This is not a library initiative but it is free of charge for those who
qualify. Please see below োand contact My Blind Spot directly if you're
interested.মদলূোমূ

Announcing the My Blind Spot - QuickBooks Training Program
Are you a small business owner, or an individual with a degree or
experience in accounting or bookkeeping and need to learn how to use
QuickBooks Desktop
Pro for Windows with JAWS? Are you also a resident of New York or New
Jersey?

If so, the My Blind Spot QuickBooks Training Program might be just what you
are looking for.

This training program is designed to train individuals who are blind or
visually impaired to successfully navigate the QuickBooks desktop
accounting program
for Windows with JAWS. The training program has been designed for
individuals with strong screen reading skills and a proficiency with
Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles or GAAP. Candidates shall possess business accounting
knowledge, a degree in accounting, or have prior professional experience as
accountants or bookkeepers, who have had trouble navigating QuickBooks
since losing their eyesight. This training program is not intended to teach
accounting,
rather it is designed to teach professionals how to implement their
knowledge of accounting when navigating this premiere business software
program with
Jaws.

The MBS QuickBooks Training Program is currently being offered, at no cost,
to residents of New York and New Jersey exclusively. All applications will
be acknowledged, but only candidates with the small business acumen,
accounting/bookkeeping knowledge or financial management expertise will be
invited
to interview with members of our team. There will be no out of pocket costs
to those candidates that qualify for and are invited to participate in the
My Blind Spot QuickBooks Training Program. Individuals who are interested
in pursuing careers in accounting or bookkeeping but do not possess the
skill
set necessary to be selected at this juncture, are encouraged to
investigate course offerings available through Hadley Institute for the
Blind or through
the various state Commissions for the Blind.

The MBS QuickBooks Training Program has been made possible through generous
funds provided by the Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation, the Kessler
Foundation,
the Lavelle Fund for the Blind, the New York Community Trust Foundation and
The Reader’s Digest Partners for Sight Foundation.

Individuals interested in being considered for participation in the My
Blind Spot – QuickBooks Training Program must complete the
QuickBooks Training Application at
https://myblindspot.org/my-blind-spot-quickbooks-training-program-application/
For further info, contact
NYC Office