[New-York-News] release: ECDOH April 10 update

Kane, Kara Kara.Kane at erie.gov
Fri Apr 10 18:31:43 UTC 2020

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D60F44.BF702980]

PRESS RELEASE

April 10, 2020, 1430 hours
CONTACT: Kara Kane, kara.kane at erie.gov<mailto:kara.kane at erie.gov> / (716) 858-4941

ERIE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH UPDATE
April 10, afternoon

ERIE COUNTY, NY - The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) is making the following announcements.

COVID-19 Data Update
As of 4/10/2020 (2 p.m.), ECDOH received a total of 1,498 reports of positive lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases and 53 COVID-19 related deaths among Erie County residents. We are publishing these data to our online case mapping system at www.erie.gov/covidmap<http://www.erie.gov/covidmap>.

Narcan Distribution at Broadway Market
ECDOH staff will be at the Broadway Market on Saturday, April 11 from 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. distributing free Narcan (naloxone) kits to anyone that needs it. Look for them in the booth between Lupas Meats and the Seafood Store.

COVID-19 Testing Update
ECDOH has updated its protocol for COVID-19 testing through our Public Health Lab. Our Epidemiology Office is currently prioritizing COVID-19 testing for the following persons:

*         Symptomatic hospital and community healthcare workers (HCWs);

*         Symptomatic EMT, Fire, Police, and DOCCs personnel;

*         Symptomatic household and significant other contacts of hospital and community HCWs;

*         Symptomatic hospital and community medical facility staff; and

*         Symptomatic patients receiving dialysis or infusion therapy.

At this time the testing request does not need to come from a health care provider. However, we are urging anyone who has a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms to contact their physician for medical advice and information on how to manage their symptoms.

Individuals who are scheduled for testing will be provided with isolation information when their sample is collected. Results will be provided to tested individuals by phone.

Call (716) 858-2929, option 2 to initiate the testing process. We will be scheduling sample collection at sites within Erie County for next week.

#

*         ECDOH, COVID-19 Information Line: (716) 858-2929 - 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.

*         Erie County Department of Health, COVID-19: http://www.erie.gov/covid19

*         Erie County online map of confirmed cases: www.erie.gov/covidmap<http://www.erie.gov/covidmap>

*         New York State Department of Health Hotline: (888) 364-3065
###

--
Kara Kane | Public Information Officer (Health)
Erie County | Health