[New-York-News] Online shopping with accessibility in mind: this Wednesday 4/29, 11 AM Eastern

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Mon Apr 27 18:08:23 UTC 2020

Online shopping with accessibility in mind
A workshop with the Andrew Heiskell Library tech team
Time: Apr 29, 2020 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
with Nefertiti Matos & Chancey Fleet
There are so many online grocery and retail stores: where do you begin?
Should you use the website or the app?
How can you compare prices across stores?
How can you shop confidently as a screen reader user, and what do you do
when accessibility barriers get in your way?
How can you get detailed visual information about products that aren't
already well-described?
Can you shop online and still shop local?
Come discover answers to these questions and more. There will also be time
for you to share your favorite online stores and shopping strategies.
We're in NYC but this workshop is open to anyone.
If you'd like to join our tech team's mailing list so you'll hear about
other upcoming events, please email heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com
and look out for a reply with a link to confirm your subscription.
To inquire about one-on-one tech coaching, suggest a workshop or volunteer
your time,. please email chanceyfleet at nypl.org or call (212) 621-0627.
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83532599147?pwd=L2ZRQnJzcGN4cTY0Qi8wdyt3SlVrUT09

Password: 025533
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83532599147#,,1#,025533# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 835 3259 9147
Password: 025533

--
Chancey S. Fleet