[New-York-News] Exploring Twitter: Tuesday June 2, 3 PM Eastern

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Mon Jun 1 21:13:53 UTC 2020

Exploring Twitter with Accessibility in Mind
tuesday June 2, 3 PM Eastern
Twitter is a powerful tool for personal self-expression, social movements, advocacy and networking. In this hour, we'll talk about the basics and a few things even seasoned Twitter users may not know. We'll cover getting started, understanding hashtags, mentions, quotes, replies, and follows; how to bookmark tweets to refer to later; searches; describing your images and GIFS; and what to do when you come across an inaccessible image.
This tech talk comes to you from the tech team at the New York Public Library's Andrew Heiskell Braille & Talking Book Library: @NYPLHEISKELL on Twitter!
Note: To encourage open conversation and prioritize patron privacy, our tech workshops are never recorded. If you miss one, drop a line to chanceyfleet at nypl.org; we will run additional sections if we have the demand for them.
If you're not already on our tech team's announcement list, send an email to heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com — we'll send you a note whenever an event is upcoming.
With Patience and Fortitude,
Chancey
Chancey is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Exploring Twitter
Time: Jun 2, 2020 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83818782017?pwd=VXlNTk0vTVlub0duM1Y0RGhvdGg1Zz09

Meeting ID: 838 1878 2017
Password: 3pes9w
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83818782017#,,1#,518901# US (New York)
+13126266799,,83818782017#,,1#,518901# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 838 1878 2017
Password: 518901
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kulvWhIQ1

Chancey Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator
Andrew Heiskell Braille & Talking Book Library — New York Public Library
Office: (212) 621-0627
Text: (347) 632-8383